Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Best- Guest Post by The Mommydom Chronicles


Hi All my lovely readers! Thanks for stopping by for today's Sunday Best. Unfortunately I stayed home sick today and with all the illness that has been going around my house this week I really didn't wear anything worth looking at... Unless you want to see me rocking yoga pants and my husbands old work shirts... No, you don't... Ok I didn't think so. 

So my friend Dee from Mommydom Chronicles stepped up to the plate and wrote a guest post for you today. Please stop by her blog and say "Hi". Oh yeah and don't forget to enter my OPI Giveaway that's going on right now. ENTER HERE!

Now on to Dee's favorite outfit:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm really excited to be part of Sunday Best! My name is Dee and I blog at the Mommydom Chronicles (http://Mommydomchronicles.blogspot.com). I'm married and the mom of 1, with a dog, cat and a crazy life filled with faith and fun. I have a passion for fashion, cooking and crafts. 

Do you have a particular outfit that you just love more than any other? One outfit that, no matter what your mood, if you put it on you just feel great?? For me it's my tweed skirt, with my boots. I look forward to the cooler weather just so I can wear it!

I live in South Dakota and we've had wacky weather this year. It's December and the temperatures are in the 50's. While I am grateful for the warmer temperatures to get ready for Christmas, it's looking less likely we will be dashing through the snow on the way to church!

In between warmer temperatures, we've had some bitterly cold days, including when we went to the Parade of Lights the day after Thanksgiving.

I picked up the tweed skirt at a consignment shop a few years ago. It was one of those once in a lifetime bargains that I'm so grateful for. The gray turtleneck I got at the end of last winter at Target. I've had my black cardigan for ages, and I probably wear it at least once a week. My Steve Madden boots I bought on clearance from Macy's before we moved from New Jersey in 2005. They are my go-to cold weather footwear. 
My favorite part of this outfit are my grandmother's pearls. She was like a second mom to me, and when I wear them it's a connection to her. In fact I wore them on my wedding day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! Please feel free to leave a comment. If you have a blog that you would like me to check out feel free to leave the web address with your comment.
If you comment on one of my posts chances are I will stop by your blog and follow it!

Don't forget to follow my blog with GFC on the sidebar.