Monday, November 12, 2012

Mani Monday- Pure Ice Viva Las Vegas

I am by no means a brand snob when it comes to nail polish. Some people swear by OPI or Essie or Zoya or China Glaze but the truth is, there are amazing polishes by many of the inexpensive brands too. I have some OPIs and Essies that chip within two days and others that last a week. I have some Zoyas or China Glazes that stain my nails from months. I have some .99 cent Wet n' Wilds that last 6 days and others that chip the next day. From many years of experience, as far as nail polish is concerned they're mainly color specific with how long they last and how bad they stain. That is why I love to shop ALL brands of nail polish and try to find the best colors those brands have to offer. (When it comes to base and top coats yes I am VERY picky and a total brand snob.)

Here is a little gem I found at Walmart a couple weeks ago for only $1.99!! I was scanning the cosmetic section for any new released colors and I found a HUGE display of new Pure Ice colors. I have sold many Pure Ice polishes in my store and I am very familiar with the brand. They had some really pretty new colors and I am so annoyed with myself for not taking a picture of the display for you. I picked up a few... ok a lot of the colors.
Direct Sunlight No Flash
 Pure Ice- Viva Las Vegas is one of the colors I picked up. As far as nail polish is concerned I rarely lean toward nudes or neutral colors. This one really caught my eye though, there was something about it that was sophisticated without being boring. 
Indirect Sunlight No Flash
Viva Las Vegas is a pale taupe color with light golden shimmer. On my olive skin it is a perfect neutral color and the golden shimmer gives it that something special. Now you know me... I can never have a mani without a little pop of glam so I added an accent nail with Maybelline Color Show Sequins- Lavender Sparks. Lavender Sparks has a clear base with tons of micro purple glitter, small round holo glitter and chunky purple hexagon glitter. It is AMAZINGLY glittery and has tons of coverage!! 

To top off the amazingness of both these colors I wore this mani for OVER a WEEK!! In about 4 days it got a little bit of tip wear then it finally started chipping on the 6th day. The chipping was so minimal though that I wore it another 3 days!! Then it got pretty bad and I had to change it. 

Do you like this color combo? Feel free to let me know what you think!

Want to see more fun manis? Check out the Mani Monday Link Up over at Glitter and Gloss.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that accent nail! I am not a brand snob either...if I like a color I will buy it, whether it's OPI or NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all brands too. I have no problem with any of them and I think it depends on the basecoat and topcoat how long they last.

    Your mani is cute and now I'm hoping my Walmart gets the new ones soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Please feel free to leave a comment. If you have a blog that you would like me to check out feel free to leave the web address with your comment.
If you comment on one of my posts chances are I will stop by your blog and follow it!

Don't forget to follow my blog with GFC on the sidebar.