Monday, November 19, 2012

Mani Monday- Racing Stripes

I've seen a few racing stripe styled manis on Pinterest so I thought I would give it a try. I wanted it to create a look that was perfect for fall with a touch of elegance. This was my first attempt at this look and even though it wasn't perfect I still really like it. Next time I try it I am going to go with thinner stripes.

For the base color I used OPI Road House Blues which is a deep purple/blue creme. This color is so in between purple and blue there is no way to describe it other than Blurple.


For the stripes I taped off both sides of the nail and painted down the middle of the nail with Pure Ice- Get Low. Get Low is one of Pure Ice's new colors, though I do think it looks almost exactly like the gold they released for Chinese new year last year. It is a beautiful orange gold foil and it covers very well. All the racing stripes are one coat of Get Low and you can't even see the base color through it at all.
What do you think? Do you like the racing stripes?  Comment below and let me know. I absolutely LOVE hearing your feedback and great news... I took off the pesky word verification so no more ouchy eyes when trying to leave a comment.

I would love to see your mani Mondays too! So make sure you stop by Glitter and Gloss to link up and while you're there make sure you enter my GIVEAWAY!!
 stillbeingmolly

3 comments:

  1. Crystals are very useful. It looks awesome. thanks for share

    Crystal Custom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plaque Engraving
    Welcome to Badash Crystal, your online retail shop for crystal candle holders, scotch decanters, paperweights, crystal stemware, glass goblets and glass cylinder vases.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Please feel free to leave a comment. If you have a blog that you would like me to check out feel free to leave the web address with your comment.
If you comment on one of my posts chances are I will stop by your blog and follow it!

Don't forget to follow my blog with GFC on the sidebar.